Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 3

We had an amazing day today! Before we start with today I must mention why the day 2 post did not come up until today. Last night as I was finishing the post a storm came in. The day one video has a quick glimpse of one light rain (Cofradia standards). So you can imagine rain and wind that was ridiculous. The power soon went out causing our internet connection to drop. The next 2 hours can best be described as MONSOON + THUNDER! There was rain and wind from every direction and amazing thunder and lightning.

Back to day three: Today we started construction and outreaches. The morning started with the team mixing hauling and pouring cement. We poured a new cement floor on a second story room of the church. The team really came together and worked really hard. The heat and the humidity was nothing like the students had ever experienced but they worked very hard with joy in their hearts.

Our outreach tonight took us to a neighboring town called Paso Real. The students did an phenomenal job working with the kids performing the drama and the puppets that we prepared at home. A few students shared their testimonies. And every student had a chance to go and pray with people after the altar call and the service. It was awesome to watch God work through these students to touch the lives of the people here.

What a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I am missing Cofradia, hearing your updates is bringing back memories! Try to get a palm tree pic for me!!!! You know me and my palm trees! haha! Miss you all and praying for you! ~Shareen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching the videos! Amazing what you guys are doing! Keep up the hard work; Im praying for you guys!

    I love you Megan! Who would have thought I would miss you this much.

    Your sister,

    Erica

    P.S. Be nice to the birds. (I saw some of you chasing that chicken in the video...)

    ReplyDelete